Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings

SO, one night my roommate and I were starved out of our minds and then I got this genius idea that turned out pretty fabulously if I do say so myself. SO here it is.




Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
Half a bag of frozen peas and carrots
One recipe of gluten-free bisquick biscuits
Season Salt and Pepper to taste
Two Packages of Gluten-Free Chicken Gravy (My favorite brand is Mayacamas)
(If you are unable to find gluten-free gravy mix, I will provide a recipe for you.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PRE-HEAT YOUR OVEN TO 400.
Defrost two chicken breasts; while your chicken is defrosting, mix up a batch of Bisquick biscuits and set aside. Once your chicken is defrosted, cut into large chunks and cook in a large pot. Season with season salt and pepper. Mix your gravy according to directions in the same pan as the chicken and bring to a boil until the gravy thickens. Once the gravy thickens, turn the heat down and add your peas and carrots. Heat through. Pour chicken-vegetable mixture into an 8x8 or 9x10 pan. Dollop your biscuits over the top of the mixture. Bake for at least forty minutes at 400 degrees or until biscuits are golden brown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gravy Recipe:

(This recipe equals one packet of gravy)

Ingredients:
One cup of water
One gluten-free/wheat free chicken bullion cube
1/4 cup of water
2 TBS of cornstarch

Bring your water and bullion cube to a boil. Mix your cornstarch and water together in a separate bowl and then add to boiling mixture. Reduce heat slightly and simmer until thick.

1 comment:

  1. I love Biscuik... I've made your recipe before but I didn't know it came in gluten-free... that's very cool :)

    ReplyDelete